Monday 19 March 2012

Sunshine and Gardening

What a sunny day! Its a shame I have no extra dogs to walk today, just my Madge, I think she's feeling lonely, can you tell by the sad look on her face!

As I had a lot of time on my hands I decided to make a start at planting some bulbs and plants in my very dull garden. I had the wall painted a just before christmas and I put up some hanging and wall baskets and I have been waiting for a sunny March day to get planting!
I hope we've seen the last of the frosts!



I took a trip to The Old Barn Nurseries as I have been looking for some lobelia, they do really well in my garden, I have added a photo of last years bloom. They only had the plugs, not tried those before as not in the least bit green fingered but thought it was worth a try, along with a mix of alsorts of other flowers and plants. I still need more, the hanging baskets are empty!



Fingers crossed that in the next few weeks they will be bloomin' marvellous!

I think I've cracked it! I have worked out how to place the pictures where I want them to go....kind of!
This afternoon at Jack's school they invited all the year 4 parents to go and watch the kids playing tunes on the ukulele, something they have been learning to play since the start of the school year. They were very good, but next time I musn't sit right infront of Jack and his friend Louis, as we all got the giggles! In the end I couldn't look at them as it was only making them worse. I'm amazed the headmaster didn't tell me off!
Mr.Puff (on gold card)
Mr.Dragon

















I did manage to get a photo of Jacks 2 dragons that he made for his 'take home tasks'. They were being displayed in the school reception area.



No comments:

Post a Comment